Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Sassafrass!!!

What? It's my Birthday???

Oh, I'm SO excited!!!


My three kiddos waiting to make cupcakes



Mmm...this is the best part!!!



Before her first cupcake...


During...




After...

Sweet Tessa:
When I think about your life and God's plan for your life, I am humbled and amazed. Last year on May 7, 2007 a beautiful baby girl was born in a far away place. Here at home...I'm not sure exactly what I was doing on that day, but I do know what God was doing. He was planting the seed of my longing for another daughter. Just 9 days after you were born, we got one of the most exciting phone calls of our lives. We were told that our baby girl Hannah just became a big sister. We knew without a doubt that we wanted you to be a part of our family. We rushed around to prepare for the day you would come home.
We longed to see you and hold you, so when you were just 4 months old, we all flew to Guatemala to visit you. Your big brother was so excited. One of the first things he said to you was "Don't cry, you're a part of our family now. We are going to take care of you and love you forever." He is so proud to be your big brother. Your big sissy on the other hand, wasn't so sure about her new role. She didn't really like the attention you were getting, but that would soon change. We had an amazing visit. You were such a peanut and a sweet little baby. The day we left, was so sad, but we knew we would be back soon to take you home forever.
On December 22, 2007, our family grew from four to five. You had finally come home!!! We had an amazing Christmas with you home!!!
It has been 4 and a half months since you came home and I can't remember life without you. You are such a SWEET baby girl. I love that your entire face lights up when you smile. I love to watch you sleep. (although that doesn't happen often!) I love to watch your brother and sister play with you, be sweet to you and give you kisses. You make this world a better place and you make our family complete.
I LOVE YOU baby girl!!! I hope you always know how much I love you, but more importantly how much God loves you and that He has an AMAZING plan for your life. It started May 7, 2007 and I can't wait to continue to watch it unfold!!!
Happy First Birthday Sweet Bean!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

Candy said...

Great post girl...and you know I felt like you this last week

MISSIN YOU ALL

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Tessie !!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Tess!!!

Natalie C. said...

Happy birthday sweet baby girl, Tessa.

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Tess!