Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 4

Wow...Friday was an AMAZING day in Guatemala.


I was able to meet our daughters birthmom to tell her thank you and let her know how much we love her girls. It was an unbelievable experience. She is a wonderful woman with an amazing heart. The sacrifice she made to give her girls a better life is just so hard to imagine. I told her that we think of her and pray for her often. She was very grateful for that. I was also able to take pictures with her to share with our girls someday. We hope to be able to go back when the girls are a little older. I was also able to give her a photo album of the girls that she will share with the rest of her family.

Another really neat thing that happened was we were invited to Hannah's foster families house for dinner. We weren't sure what to expect and were a little nervous about it, but it turned out to be an amazing evening. We went to their home, paraded the streets of Guatemala carrying a nativity scene, lanterns, banging instruments, singing Christmas carols....which is a tradition that the Catholic church there does for 8 nights before Christmas....reinacting Mary and Joseph trying to find a place to give birth to Jesus and had dinner at their house. It was a very surreal experience. The food was amazing and PRAISE GOD we didn't get sick!!!!! We were so worried, but I just kept praying the whole time! I didn't want to decline the offer of going to their home just because I was worried about getting sick and I'm so glad we didn't!!!



2 comments:

Morgan's Mama said...

Papa told us about dinner with the foster parents....it is nice to put pictures with the story.

Kim & Dave said...

That is so cool that youmet their birth mother!

We were very close to being able to on our visit trip in Nov., & I wrote about how much I wanted to & appreciate her on my blog.

If you are intersted, the link is on my sidebar.