Friday, June 6, 2008

Does she look STRESSED???




Ok...sweet Tessa might not look stressed, but I sure was yesterday!!!


As most of you know, Tessa has epilepsy, so seizures aren't uncommon in our household. She had a very high fever, which most likely triggered another seizure. It wouldn't have been a big deal, except that she decided to scare her Mama and stop breathing twice during the seizure. She was not breathing for only about a minute...but long enough for me to panic!!!


It's no fun to watch your sweet baby girl stop breathing in your arms!


We spent most of the afternoon in the ER. They ran a bunch of tests which all came back negative. Their conclusion is that this is just what happens during some seizures and will most likely happen again. AHHH!!!!! I can handle seizures, but this has thrown me for a loop!!!


Please pray that I find away to be calm throughout the next episode. I appreciate it!!!!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

How scary!! I will be praying!!

Robyn

Sarah said...

That is so terrifying! I am so sorry that you have to go through this with sweet Tessa... my cousin has epilepsy too... she is now married and managing her seizures effectively with her meds. Poor, poor baby and poor mommy! I will keep your sweet girl in my prayers!

Candy said...

AHHHHHH NNOOOOOOO

girl I would have FREAKED OUT...between YOU and the non breathing...Katie and Taylor hitting his head...and then I am over here I think with Kidney stones...but on some good DRUGS...hehe

CAN WE JUST GO BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS AT KATIES with Kimberly as our HELPER....PLEASE TAKE ME BACK

HUGS